The Physician Organization of Michigan ACO, LLC (POM ACO) is a physician-led partnership of over 6,000 Michigan providers working together to provide better care for patients, better health for populations and lower overall health care costs.
Physician Organization of Michigan ACO, LLC
2600 Green Road, Suite 150-C
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-4631
Terrisca Des Jardins, MHSA
Medicare Shared Savings Program ACOs
For general questions or additional information about Accountable Care Organizations, please visit www.medicare.gov/acos.html or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
Academic Cardiology Associates PC
Adrian Sheremeta MD PC
Advanced Asthma Allergy & Immunology Care PC
Advanced Ophthalmology Associates PLC
Advanced Orthopedic Specialists, PC
Albert J. Sayed MD
Allergy & Asthma Care Of W Mi PC
Allergy & Asthma Center Of Rochester PC
Allergy & Asthma PC
Allergy & Asthma Treatment Center, PLC
Allergy & Immunology Associates of Ann Arbor, P.C.
Allergy&Asthma Care PC
Alpine Family Podiatry PC
Alternacare PC DBA Complete Family Care
Andrew J Madak DO PC
Anesthesia Associates of Ann Arbor, PLLC
Ankle & Foot Associates Of Northern Michigan PC
Ann Arbor Endocrinology And Diabetes Associates, P.C..
Ann Arbor Orthopaedic Specialists, P.C.
Arcturus Healthcare, PLC
Arthur Rosner MD PLLC
Arthur W Gulick M.D.
Associates in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, P.C.
Asthma And Allergy Specialists, PC
Ayman Rayes, M.D., P.C.
B.G. Tricounty Neurology & Sleep Clinic, P.C.
Baldwin Family Health Care
Barbara Hooberman MD
Becky J Smith DO PC
Bhavin Patel MD PC
Botsford General Hospital
Bradley E Seel DPM PC
Brandon Ross Md PC
Brett P Wiater MD PC
Brian R. Drabik DO PC
Brighton Family Physicians PC
Cadillac After Hours Clinic PLLC
Cadillac Chiropractic Center PC
Cadillac Family Physicians PC
Cadillac Orthopaedics PC
Cadillac Surgical Care PC
Canton Dermatology, P.C.
Cardiology and Arrythmia Consultants PC
Cardiology Associates of Birmingham PC
Caritas Center for Womens Health, P.C.
Carl F. Clavenna, M.D., P.C.
Carl J Kubek Do PC
Center for Digestive Care LLC
Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, P.C.
Charles Christopher Stroud MD PC
Chelsea Community Hospital
Chelsea Medicine & Laser, PLLC
Chelsea Professional Services
Chowdhury MD PLLC
Clarkston Lakes Family Medicine LLC
Clawson Internist PC
Clinton Womens Healthcare PC
Comprehensive Women's Health PC
Craig J Gordon, D.O., P.C.
Craig K. Matheson DO PLLC
Craig W Roodbeen PC
Creekside Clinic LLC
Croswell Podiatry PLLC
Crystal Lake Clinic PC
Darryl T. Goldberg, M.D., P.C.
Das L Kareti MD PC
David D Hodge MD PC
David Fivenson MD Dermatology PLLC
David G. Frye DO
David H Seaman, MD, PC
David M H Wu MD
David V Spurlin
David W Calton MD PC
Deborah L. Peery, MD
Dermatology Center of Rochester Hills, P.C.
DO Care PLC
Donna J. Tal, M.D., P.C.
Douglas M. Portz, M.D., P.C.
Downriver Internist PC
Dr David W Mansky DPM, PC
Dr. Douglas James Smendik MD
Dr. Jack A Dekkinga MD PC
Dr. Jeff Y The D.O.
Dr. Thomas Marvin Hoffman M.D.
Drs. Iacobelli and DiGregorio, P.C.
Edgewood Center Otolaryngology, PC
Edith Nemeth, M.D. P.L.C.
Edward Ruiz MD PC
Endoscopic Solutions PC
EPMG of Michigan PC
Eugene Y. Su, M.D., PC
Eye And Ent Specialists
Family Medicine PC
Family Practice Centre of Livonia PC
Family Practice of Cadillac PC
Family Tree Medical Associates
Forest Hills Podiatry PC
Forum Medical Clinic, PC
Franklin Medical Consultants PC
G K Kumar MD PC
Gastroenterology Specialist PC
Gastrointestinal Specialists PC
George Lawley DO PC
Georgetown Dermatologists PC
Ghabsha, MD - PLLC
Ghiath Tayeb MD PC
Glendale Neurological Associates, P.C.
Goldman and Miller Cardiology PC
Grand Rapids Ophthalmology PC
Grand Rapids Women's Health, PC
Grand Valley Medical Specialists PLC
Grayling Family Practice Clinic
Gregory V Sobol MD
Gretchen L. Heutsche, D.P.M., P.C.
Gursharn S. Dosanjh MD PC
Haller Hug Popp PC
Harris W. Mainster, D.O./P.C.
Hastings Internal Medicine PLC
Healthy Heart and Vascular, PLLC
Heart Care, P.C.
Henry Gonte, D.O.F.A.C.G.P
Huron Gastroenterology Associates P.C.
Huron Ophthalmology, P.C.
Huron River Radiation Oncology Specialists, P.C.
Huron Valley Physicians Association
Huron Valley Radiology, P.C.
Hypertension Nephrology Associates PC
Integrated Health Associates
IHA Health Services Corporation
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics Of Bloomfield PC
Internal Medicine Associates of Michigan, P.C.
Internal Medicine Associates of Southeast Michigan, PC
J Michael Wiater MD PC
James Bauer, M.D., P.C.
James S Brooks MD
Jeffrey Tulin Silver Md PC
Jerome P Wiater MD PC
Jignesh N. Patel, D.O., PLLC
John B Calado DO PC
John D Parmely DO PC
John E Tower DO PC
John K. Anderson, M.D., P.C.
John M Schimpke MD PC
John P Lagrand M D P C
John R Medical Clinic PC
Joseph A Beals MD PC
Joseph Bruno MD PC
Keith A. Kobet, M.D., P.C.
Keith C McKenzie M.D., PLLC
Kiley Chiropractic Life Center
L Michael Sterenberg DO PLLC
Larry A Ulrey Md PC
Laura E. Babe, M.D., P.L.C.
Laura K Ganger, M.D., P.C.
Lawrence A Greenberg DO
Lawrence Handler, M.D., P.C.
Lewis & McCorry PC
Lisa Jacobson D.O., P.C.
Livingston Internal Medicine PC
Luke Y. Kim, M.D., P.C.
M-15 Family Medical Center P C
Maine Medical Center PLC
Marc Greenberger MD
Marc M Dunn MD
Marc S. Brodsky, M.D., P.C.
Mark J Klein, DPM, PC
Mark P Koniuch MD PC
Mark S Obrien MD PLC
Mark W Sawka MD PC
Martin Garber And Kathleen Menerey
Max T. Walsh, M.D., P.C.
Mazen Sabbaq M.D. P.C.
McBain Family Chiropractic Center, PC
McGregor Chiropractic, LLC
Medical Group Practice, P.C.
Metropolitan Digestive Disease Group PC
MHNI Sleep Medicine PC
Michael D. ReBock DO PLC
Michael S Salter DPM PC
Michigan Adult & Child Medicine PC
Michigan Brain and Spine Institute PC
Michigan Ear Institute PLLC
Michigan Family Physicians PC
Michigan Headache and Neurological Institute PC
Michigan Orthopaedic Institute, P.C.
Michigan Orthopaedic Spine Surgeons PC
Michigan Otolaryngology Surgery
Michigan Pain Consultants, PC
Michigan Pain Institute, P.C.
MidMichigan Health Services
MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland
Millman-Derr Center for Eye Care, P.C.
Modern Obstetrics & Gynecology PLLC
Mohammed Wael Al-Meri, M.D., P.C.
Morang Chester Clinic PC
Muaiad Shihadeh MD PC
Munson Healthcare Cadillac
Munson Healthcare Grayling
Nada D Bachuri MD, PC
Nancy F Mansour-Habib MD PC
Naser N Sukhon MD PC
Nephrology Associates of Michigan PC
Nevena Mihailoff MD
North Oakland Gastroenterology Clinic
North Woodward Internal Medicine Associates PC
Northern Michigan Endocrine PLLC
Northville Pain Specialists PLC
Northwood Physicians PC
Norton Klein Hug & Sabin MD PC
Oakland Digestive Health PLLC
Oakland Gastroenterology Associates, P.C.
Oakland Macomb Obstetrics & Gynecology, P.C.
Orion Family Physicians PC
Packard Health, Inc.
Pain Recovery Solutions, P.C.
Pamela J Hackl DO PLC
Parchment Family Practice PC
Parial Eye Physicians PLC
Patrick J Wiater MD
Praveen Modi MD PC
Prem Khilanani MD PC
Premier Surgical Specialists PC
Primary Care Specialists PC
Proctor ENT PLC
Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep P.C.
Ram Surendran M.D. PC
Randall Street Medical PC
Raskin Clinical Associates PC
Rebecca Patrias, MD
Regents of the University of Michigan-Ambulatory Center for Vein Treatment
Regents of the University of Michigan
Reginald E O'Neal DO
Renal Associates of West Michigan PC
Retinal Specialists, P.C.
Ricardo Z Vinuya MD PLC
Richard C Weiermiller Jr MD PLLC
Richards & Richardson Pc
Rindler & Reddy Dermatology PC
Riverbend Healthcare PC
Riverwood Family Medicine PC
Robert A. Sklar, M.D., P.C.
Robert Kendell DO PC
Robert O. Go, M.D., P.C.
Robert Vartabedian M.D.
Rochester Colon & Rectal, P.C.
Rochester Eye Care PLLC
Rochester Family Physicians PC
Rochester General Surgery PLC
Rochester Knee and Sports Medicine PC
Roger D Ajluni MD PC
Rolando M Estupigan DO PC
Ronald P. Adelman DPM, PLLC
Ronald Sanda, M.D.
Ronald Vanderlaan, MD, PLLC
Russell Wm Miller MD PC
Samir Al-Hadidi MD PC
Sean A Matuszak MD PC
Sheila P Meftah, Md, PLLC
Shelbydale Medical Clinic PC
Shenandoah Clinic, P.C.
SJMHS Livingston Orthopedic Surgical Group
Smita Bijlani MD PC
Soorya Sharma MD PC
Southfield Internists PC
Steven H Schechter MD
Steven J Forche MD PC
Steven S. Zeldes, M.D., P.C.
Stonebrooke Family Physicians
Stony Creek Internal Medicine PLC
Susan Rice Do Frank Lanzilote Do Family Practice PC
Suzanne Romadan M.D., P.C.
T & J Family Medical Associates PLLC
Terry D Howell MD
Thomas J W Bering MD PC
Thornapple Ophthalmology Assoc PC
Thornapple Valley Family Physicians PC
Toni Ballitch Trate DO, PC
Troy Family Practice, PLLC
Troy Gastroenterology PC
Warren B Fields MD
Washtenaw Medicine, P.C.
West Michigan Family Health, PC
William F Murray MD PC
William P Bowman MD PC
William S. Goldstein, M.D., P.C.
Women''s Health Specialists PC
Woodward Gastroenterology PC
Your Physicians PC
Zawaideh Medical Center PC
Zeilinger Chiropractic, PLC
ACO Participants in Joint Ventures Between ACO Professionals and Hospitals
NOTE: No participants are involved in a joint venture between ACO professionals and hospitals.
- Michael Williams MD, Voting Member and Chair, ACO Participant, Arcturus Healthcare, PLC (United Physicians)
- Randall Clark MD, Voting Member and Vice Chair, ACO Participant, Riverwood Family Medicine PC (Physicians' Organization of Western Michigan)
- Position Vacant, Treasurer
- Madhura Mansabdar MD, Voting Member and Secretary, ACO Participant
- Kimberlee Coleman MD, Non-Voting Member, ACO Participant, Ex-Officio Member and Executive Medical Director
- Timothy Peterson MD, Voting Member and ACO Director, ACO Participant, Regents of the University of Michigan
- Randall Bickle DO, JD, Voting Member and Compliance Officer, ACO Participant, Olympia Medical
- Steven Bernstein MD, MPH, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Regents of the University of Michigan
- Michael Sanson, MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Washtenaw Medicine, P.C. (Huron Valley Physicians Association)
- Jerome Frankel DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Botsford General Hospital (Oakland Southfield Physicians)
- Lisa Harrington DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Munson Healthcare Grayling (Wexford PHO)
- Robert Jones MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Mid Michigan Health Collaborative
- Martin McGough MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Academic Cardiology Associates PC (United Physicians)
- Gregory Monroe DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, DO CARE PLC (Olympia Medical)
- Kimberly Norris MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Eye and Ent Specialists (Physicians' Organization of Western Michigan)
- Mohammad Salameh MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, IHA Health Services Corporation (Integrated Health Associates)
- Jeffrey Sanfield MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Ann Arbor Endocrinology and Diabetes Associates, P.C. (Huron Valley Physicians Association)
- Rodrigo Tobar, Jr. DO, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Family Medicine PC (Oakland Southfield Physicians)
- Marti Walsh MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, IHA Health Services Corporation (Integrated Health Associates)
- James Whelan MD, Voting Member, ACO Participant, Cadillac Family Physicians PC (Wexford PHO)
- Georgiann Ziegler, Voting Member and Medicare Beneficiary Representative, Beneficiary
- Terrisca Des Jardins, Non-Voting Member, POM ACO Administrative Director
- Mary Greeley, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Maria Han, MD, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Jeni Hughes, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Melissa Kirshner, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Michelle Ilitch, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Bev Nugent, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Cherie Nyhuis, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Deb Roberts, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Kim Speese, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
- Deborah Withrow, Non-Voting Member, Community Stakeholder
Key ACO Clinical and Administrative Leadership
- ACO Executive: Timothy A. Peterson, MD, MBA, FACEP
- Medical Director and Quality Assurance/Improvement Officer: Kimberlee Coleman, MD
- Compliance Officer: Randall Bickle, MD, JD
ACO Committees and Committee Leadership:
- Clinical Management and Oversight: Marti Walsh, MD, Co-Chair and Kimberlee Coleman, MD, Co-Chair
- Compliance: Randall Bickle, MD, JD, Chair
- IT & Clinical Decision Support: Sandeep Vijan, MD, Chair
- Medicare Beneficiary: Georgiann Ziegler, Chair
- Operations and Finance: Jeni Hughes, Chair
Types of ACO Participants or Combinations of Participants that Formed POM ACO
- ACO professionals in a group practice arrangement,
- A network of individual practices of ACO professionals,
- A hospital employing ACO professionals,
- A federally qualified health center (FQHC), and
- A rural health center (RHC)
Shared Savings and Losses:
Agreement period beginning 2013, Performance Year 2015: $0
Agreement period beginning 2013, Performance Year 2014: $12,075,693
- Proportion invested in infrastructure: Approximately 50%
- Proportion invested in redesigned care processes/resources: Approximately 15%
- Proportion of distribution to ACO Participants: Approximately 35%
Agreement period beginning 2013, Performance Year 1: $0
Payment Rule Waivers
No, our ACO does not utilize the SNF 3-day Rule Waiver. Please see our Compliance Website for a detailed list of other waivers utilized by POM ACO.
Quality Performance Results:
2015 Quality Performance Results:
2012-2014 Quality Performance Results:
POM ACO has a number of resources for people who have a question or concern about compliance. The POM ACO Compliance Hotline has been established as a way to raise financial, regulatory and patient safety issues.
POM ACO is committed to providing an environment where individuals can safely and confidentially come forward to identify potential serious inquiries.
Callers to the POM ACO Compliance Hotline can remain anonymous. Customary resolutions methods, such as talking with your supervisor or physician organization's leaders, are still important first-line approaches for reporting compliance concerns to try to reach a resolution locally.
The POM ACO Compliance Hotline is available for situations where conventional channels are uncomfortable or otherwise inappropriate, or when you wish to remain anonymous. Please keep in mind however, that certain types of reports may be difficult to pursue if you choose to remain anonymous.
POM ACO has contracted with a professional compliance call center to handle the calls and route information back to the appropriate areas for handling. You may contact them by phone or by submitting an on-line form 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Toll free number 1-855-260-0919
On-line form www.reportlineweb.com/pomaco
Required Public Disclosure Document
ACO Participation Waiver
Physician Organization of Michigan ACO, LLC (“ POM ACO”)
POM ACO has entered into a Medicare Shared Savings Program (“MSSP”) Participation Agreement with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”), effective January 1, 2013 (“Participation Agreement”). CMS and the Office of Inspector General for the United States Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS OIG”) jointly issued waivers in connection with the MSSP that waive the application of the federal fraud and abuse laws to certain MSSP arrangements, including the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and Physician Self- Referral Law so long as certain conditions prescribed by the final waivers are satisfied. One such waiver is the ACO Participation Waiver, which waives the federal fraud and abuse laws provided certain conditions are met, including the following: (i) the ACO has entered into a participation agreement and remains in good standing; (ii) the ACO satisfies certain governance, leadership and management requirements; (iii) the ACO’s governing body has made and duly authorized a bona fide determination that the arrangement is reasonably related to the purposes of the Shared Savings Program; (iv) the arrangement and its authorization are documented; and the description of the arrangement is publicly disclosed, pursuant to certain additional guidance set forth by CMS and OIG.
This document is intended to meet the public disclosure requirements set forth in the final waivers. This document will be supplemented as additional arrangements arise consistent with the timing requirements set forth by CMS and OIG in the final rule.
- At a meeting on January 22, 2016, of the POM ACO Board of Managers (“Board”), the Board made a bona fide determination that certain agreements between Quality Review Organizations (“QROs”) (a list is set forth in Appendix A to this document) and QRO participants (which are defined as ACO participants) are reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. In furtherance of the goals of the MSSP, POM ACO contracts with QROs to ensure quality of care provided by QRO participants in a particular region and each QRO makes payments to each of its QRO participants in a manner detailed to CMS in the Participation Agreement.
- At a meeting on Janury 22, 2016, of the Board, the Board made a bona fide determination that agreements between POM ACO and each QRO are reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. Each QRO provides quality improvement and similar functions at a regional level on behalf of POM ACO and furthermore, makes distributions of the shared savings payment (if earned) to its QRO participants based upon certain metrics that have been previously provided to CMS in the Participation Agreement.
- At a meeting on January 22, 2016, of the Board, the Board made a bona fide determination that an agreement for independent contractor Medical Director services between POM ACO and one of its QROs was reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. Consistent with existing regulatory requirements at 42 CFR Part 425, POM ACO is required to obtain the services of a Medical Director. The Medical Director provides a broad range of medico-administrative services, including, without limitation, programmatic development around various clinical initiatives, and assistance to ACO Participants with ACO readiness activities.
- At a meeting on April 22, 2016, of the Board, the Board made a bona fide determination that a Management Services Agreement between POM ACO and University of Michigan is reasonably related to the purposes of the shared savings program. University of Michigan retains highly-trained staff experienced in certain areas, including, without limitation, providing clinical leadership and health informatics services. The Board has made the determination that from a cost-effectiveness standpoint, it is efficient to secure these services for POM ACO through an agreement with University of Michigan. The services provided pursuant to the agreement are explicitly defined in a budget that is pre-approved by the Board.